The church at Kingsway has its roots and origins in the house church movement which was much prevalent in the 1970’s and 80’s. It was undoubtedly a global move of God which saw the establishment of many new fellowships of believers hungry for a greater understanding and experience of God and in particular, the baptism and release of the Holy Spirit in peoples lives.
Today, Kingsway is a large and friendly charismatic, evangelical church which holds true to the life and witness of the power of God to change lives.
Central to the life and ministry of Kingsway is an acknowledgment of the following
• the power of the name of Jesus
• the all cleansing impact of the blood of Christ
• the transformative and dynamic release of the Holy Spirit in the life of believers
• the central belief that church is a body of believers where all have a part to play in the plans and purposes of God
• the uniqueness and calling of every believer who has a pre-ordained destiny to be fulfilled in Christ
• the importance of spiritual Israel in which the origins of early church history can be traced and through which the fulfilment of all history will climax
Kingsway is very much in the heart of the local community and the wider expression of the impact of churches throughout Merseyside and the North West.
Local initiatives include Foodbank; Celebrate Recovery; CAP debt counselling; Little Angels which is a parents and tots play group; Tea and Toast drop in; Freedom in Christ (FIC); and Adventurers – a weekly fun packed meeting for children held on a Friday evening. (For more details of these activities, see our “What we do” section of the website)
Regionally we are linked to a network of churches in Merseyside called Together for the Harvest (TFH) through which we are aligned to Evangelical Alliance (EA)
Nationally we support and have links with ICEJ (International Christian Embassy Jerusalem); Barnabas Trust; Wycliffe Bible Translators; and Open Doors one of the agencies working with the persecuted church.
Internationally we are currently linked with support works in Romania, Moldova, Israel, and India.